Mr. Abdul Momin Rizwan Ahmad is senior lecturer and MSPH Program Coordinator at the Institute of Health and Management Sciences, Islamabad. He was one of the founding members of the Master of Science in Public Health program at IHMS. Mr. Abdul Momin is a public health nutritionist and registered dietitian (RD) by profession
Additionally, Abdul Momin is certified food safety manager (CFSM) and clinical research certified professional (CRCP). He has got 4 years of experience in teaching at post graduate level. He has also been actively involved in academic research and has supervised several postgraduate students in public health and nutrition.
His primary expertise lies in public health nutrition whereby he focuses on devising nutrition based interventions which can be helpful in prolonging life and preventing disease among communities.
He is author of several national/international research papers, which have been published in reputed scientific journals. He has also presented his research findings at different conferences. He has delivered his talks as a public health nutritionist at various organizations.
He has also conducted several workshops and seminars as resource/focal person and holds around 50 certifications in public health and nutrition from top universities of the world
Dr. Adeel is a medical doctor and public health practitioner. He is a graduate of Rawalpindi Medical College and got his Master’s degree in Population Health from University of Wollongong, NSW, and Australia. Currently, he is working as Senior lecturer of Public Health at Institute of Health and Management Sciences, Islamabad and visiting lecturer with College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan. He is also working as Technical Advisor in an International NGO. Dr. Adeel has vast experience of working in different health projects related to communicable and non-communicable diseases such as Tuberculosis, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Asthma and COPD. Besides these he also worked as project coordinator for a Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial on Maternal and Child Health and health systems.
He has publications in national and international journals and presented his research findings in many international conferences. He has been engaged in different projects for qualitative as well as quantitative analysis and research work for international/ national public health and development organizations.
At IHMS, he teaches Foundations of Qualitative Research, Hospital Management, Population Dynamics, Applied Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Communicable and Non-communicable diseases. He is proficient in research proposal writing and budgeting, program evaluation, project management, qualitative & quantitative research and data analysis with software expertise including SPSS, JMP, Epidata and NVivo.
Dr. Atta ur Rehman
Dr. Urooj Javed
Dr. Sarah Naeem
Dr. Marwa Ahmad
MA (Linguistics & Literature) NUML
Tanveer Ahmad Awan
Dr. Sobia Hina
Professor Dr. Muhammad Irfan Khan
Dr. Katrina Aminah Ronis
Dr. Sumaira Abbasi
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Animal Research was done in 2015 on Protective effect of Vitamin C on Monosodium Glutamate induced changes in ovary and oviducts.
- Abbasi S, Rana R,Anjum K, et al.Protective effect of vitamin C on Monosodium glutamate induced changes in ovaries of rats.JIIMC.2016;11:2:66-70.
- One and a half year of teaching experience of Anatomy in Shifa Medical College, Islamabad.
- Two years of teaching experience of Anatomy in Islamic International Medical College, Rawalpindi.
- Currently serving as a Lecturer in Federal Medical and Dental College, Islamabad for last three years.
- 2007 Pakistan Medical & Dental Council – PMDC
- Basic Life Support Course
- Advanced Life Support Course
- Blood Borne Pathogens Course
- First Aid Course
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER INVOLVEMENT
- Volunteer, Flood Camps and Earthquake
- Volunteer, CARE, Patient Welfare Society, Karachi, Pakistan
- Volunteer, Medical camps in low socioeconomic neighborhoods, Karachi, Pakistan (2004-2007)
- Volunteer, S.O.S. Village, Karachi, Pakistan (2004-2007)
- Volunteer, Dar-As-Sakun Rehabilitation Center for Disabled Children and Older Adults, Karachi – Pakistan (2004-2007)